Saturday, December 8, 2012

12 Days of Holiday Projects - Day 8




Welcome to Day 8 of The 12 Days of Holiday Projects Blog Event. Several crafty blog friends and I decided to post one holiday project a day for 12 days - just for fun.  The projects will be anything crafty like cards, ornaments, wreaths, advent calendars, etc… We’re posting projects we made using products we like and hope they will give you some inspiration for your own holiday craft projects. You will find links to all the other participating bloggers below. Hopefully you can find time to look at the other blogs and leave comments on any that inspire you. If we inspire you to make, something please let us know - we would love to see. Happy Holiday Crafting!!

For my Day 8 Project I'm sharing a snowflake wreath I made. I order several different sizes and styles of wooden snowflakes from Internet craft stores (I've had them a while and don't remember where I got them from!!). I got a flat wooden circle frame from Michaels and painted it white and I hot glued the snowflakes on the frame. Each snowflake is three layers - a large colored one, a medium one that is white and a small one that is the same color as the larger one. I covered all of them in Martha Stewart Glitter Glue and then dipped them in Martha Stewart fine glitter using cool winter colors - white, purples, blues, & silver. I love the shiny look of the fine glitter and I really love these colors. It's hanging on my craft room door. I keep thinking I should add a bow, but I don't want to cover any of the shiny snowflakes!! Thanks for stopping by and hope you will come back tomorrow to check out my Day 9 project.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can make it to the blogs of the other ladies to see the awesome holiday projects they are sharing with you today.


7 comments:

  1. WOW!! girl this is sooooooo pretty!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh I just adore those purples and with sparkle too! It's absolutely wonderful Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I would have never thought of purple for the snowflakes, but they look so cool! Great project, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH! This is so pretty and sparkly!! LOVE the colors! FAB FAB FAB:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so so pretty, i love all the glittery purple shades. i hope it's been hung up in a special spot!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow how awesome! Love the colors you used...nontraditional but perect!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.